Installation of Yam Display driver
macOS Mojave requires explicit allowance for a newly installed 3rd party system extension. To complete the installation, please allow loading the extension in > System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General and restart your Mac. The restart may take longer time than usual.
For Touch Gestures
For touch gestures to work, explicit allowance for Accessibility in > System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy is required:
Performance issue in macOS Mojave 10.14~10.14.1
There is a performance issue which can cause delay in macOS Mojave 10.14~10.14.1. The issue can be resolved by updating macOS to 10.14.2 or later. Extending display by AirPlay is not affected by this issue. Users who should stay in the earlier versions can toggle using AirPlay by Preferences > Extend Display by AirPlay menu:
Automation for AirPlay (for Extend Display by AirPlay)
To automate extending display by AirPlay, explicit allowance for Automation in > System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy is required (or, you can manually select AirPlay to: Yam Display by the AirPlay menu):
Workaround for macOS High Sierra (10.13.4 ~ 10.13.6)
Yam Display provides a workaround for macOS High Sierra (10.13.4 ~ 10.13.6). The workaround uses AirPlay® to extend display. The UX and performance is not better compared to the app with the previous macOS, but the key feature is restored. We are still searching for a better solution for the latest macOS.
Known issues of AirPlay workaround for macOS High Sierra (10.13.4 ~ 10.13.6)
– The workaround requires environment for AirPlay. If you have issues in extending display, please check the followings:
- Launch > System Preferences > Displays and check “Show mirroring options in the menu bar when available” checkbox. If you don’t see the checkbox, your Mac does not support AirPlay.
- Connect your Mac and iOS device to the same Wi-Fi network. You can try with mobile hotspot of your Smartphone when Wi-Fi is not available.
– Resolutions are limited to the horizontal ones provided by Apple TV, which do not fit to iPad display.
– Sometimes, extending display can be changed to mirroring. Please “Turn AirPlay Off” form the AirPlay menu and try again if it happens repeatedly.
– Sometimes, Yam Display does not disconnect immediately by unplugging USB cable. Please press the lock button of iOS device or quit app before removing USB cable.
– Yam Air started with USB cable connected can be disconnected when USB cable is unplugged.
* The issues have been resolved in macOS Mojave (10.14) in which extending display can be performed by driver again.
* Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any issues.
Installation (High Sierra 10.13.3 or earlier)
macOS High Sierra requires you to explicitly allow a newly installed 3rd party system extension. To complete the installation, please allow loading the extension in System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General and restart your Mac.
There is a performance issue of macOS High Sierra that requires more Mac resources than the previous macOS. Please reduce the frame rate or resolution for laggy cases. The issue has been resolved in macOS Mojave 10.14.2 or later.
Yam Display supports from OS X Mavericks (10.9) to macOS Mojave (10.14).
Yam Air supports from OS X Yosemite (10.10) to macOS Mojave (10.14).
For macOS Sierra prior to 10.12.2, Yam Display/Air has following issues:
- Some apps can be displayed in black in Yam Display.
- Forced log out when using some features of Mission Control.
These issues can be fixed by updating macOS Sierra to the latest version (10.12.2 or later).
For macOS High Sierra, please check this FAQ: Yam Display for macOS High Sierra.
When Yam Display is running with USB connected but still in ‘Wait for connection’ state, follow these steps. Try again after each step:
- Restart Yam Display on your iPad/iPhone (running in the background).
- Unplug USB cable and plug in again.
- Check if your device is recognized by iTunes. If not, please check out this guide.
For some cases macOS Sierra does not recognize connected devices after reboot. Reconnecting USB cable may solve this issue.